Goodreads Summary– One good deed will change everything.
Sadie is not excited for the summer before her senior year. It will be her first without her college-bound best friend and (now ex-)boyfriend by her side, so Sadie braces herself for a long, lonely, and boring season working at a farm stand in the Hamptons. But things take an unexpected turn when Sadie steps in to help rescue a baby in peril and footage of her impromptu good deed goes viral.
As she’s recovering from “the incident” and adjusting to her Internet fame, Sadie receives an invitation to a lunch honoring teem homegrown heroes. The five honorees instantly connect and soon decide to spend their time together righting local wrongs. Sadie and her new friends embark on escalating acts of vigilante Good Samaritanism, but might be in over her heads when they try to help a heroin-addicted friend. Are good intentions enough to hold unlikely friendships—and an even unlikelier new romance—together?
- The friendships– There was a romance in this book but it was second to the friendships! I have not read many books with such a tight group of friends where each character is likeable! The characters were all very different but their attitudes and morals are similar and that is why their friendship worked.
- Face-paced summery read– I was able to read The Unlikelies in one day! It was a perfect way to kick off my summer. The cover alone got me in the mood for summer! I want to point out that there are some heavy topics covered so although there are major summer vibes, this is in no way a light and fluffy story.
- Setting– I loved reading about the Hampton’s from the perspective of characters who have a permanent residence there, and are not just tourists there for the summer.
- Heavy topics– This book touched on some heavy topics such a drug addiction, and I believe that they were handle in a respectful and realistic way.
- Awkward Dialogue– I felt like the dialogue at the beginning of the book was somewhat awkward and unrealistic. The dialogue appeared to improve as the book went on.
I have started doing aesthetic boards for the books that I read on pinterest! I would like to thank Krysti @ YA and Wine for the inspiration!!
If you are look for a quick read that also has some depth I think you will enjoy The Unlikelies.
Thank you so much Shanah @ Bionic Book Worm for hosting a giveaway for this book! I really enjoyed it and I am so grateful!
8 thoughts on “The Unlikelies by Carrie Firestone”
I’m glad you liked it! 🙂
It was really a sweet story. Thank again!
I looove the cover💗 it’s interesting that this seemingly light, fluffy book actually deals with some heavy topics, seems right up my alley✨📚 Thanks for sharing!
The cover is one of my favourites! It is definitely worth reading! 😊
Such a pretty cover and great review added to my tbr 🙂
Yay! I hope you enjoy it! 😊
The cover is absolutely adorable!!! This one has been on my TBR for quite a while; I really need to get around to reading it soon ❤
Isn’t it? The inside is even cuter!! Hope you enjoy!