I recently made a post asking for your help in recommending books to me for the 12 Challenge created by shadowbooker on Instagram. And you all pulled through! I cannot tell you how excited I am for each of these books, some new to me and some I already had on my TBR. It was fun for me because it does feel like you all understand my reading taste and it reminds me that I am not speaking into a void on this blog. It means so so much to me!
So, I thought I would let you know the 12 books that were recommended by you and I will be reading throughout 2022. I am going to vlog every time I read a book on the list, and I will also write reviews and provide updates here on my blog. Check out my BookTube channel if you want to see that vlog, but I will share it here as well.
- Other Words for Home was recommended to me on Instagram by Noura @theperksofbeingnoura. I have seen so many amazing reviews for this book. It actually has a 4.45 rating on Goodreads and 20,825 ratings in total. I love that this book is going to push me out of my comfort zone because I have not read a lot of middle grade. Noura describes it as utterly beautiful in her Goodreads review.
- Under the Rainbow was recommended to me on Instagram by Rae @raesreadingworld. I have always been intrigued by the cover for Under the Rainbow but never looked into what it is actually about. I am intrigued by the themes that this book takes on and I read through some of the reviews and this books sounds so unique. Can’t wait to read it!
- Rules for Dating a Bookshop Owner was recommended to me on Instagram by Sarah & Ed @schendzeloslibrary. This book was completely new to me, but with a title like that you know it is one I want to read! It is a romcom where the main character is a bookshop owner in a small town. That is all I need to know and I cannot wait to read it!
- On A Night Like This was recommended to me by Aoife @prettypurplepolkadots. This is another romance that I had never heard of but sounds like something I am going to love. I mean, it is set on a yacht! Yes, please!
- A Dowry of Blood was recommended to me by anonymous in the comments of yesterday’s blog post. It is funny because I have been seeing this book on so many favourites lists and was debating whether or not I should give it a try. This comment solved that debate for me! I read Dracula for the first time this year, so I am excited for a book from the perspective of his wives.
- The Girl From the Sea was recommended to me by Meshi @twirlingbookprincess. This is a 2021 releases that I was highly anticipating and just never got to, so I am thrilled that Meshi is giving me the push I need to read it. What a cover, and I am always here for a fun graphic novel!
- Dreams Lie Beneath was recommended to me by Missy & Tay @frayedbooks. Once again, this is a new one to me, but it did just come out in November. That cover really speaks to me and the magic and world-building sound so unique. I cannot wait to get my hands on this beautiful book!
- A Witch in Time was recommended to me by Lucy @bookwormblogger. Lucy remembered my love for witch stories, which is so nice, and I have had my eye on this one since it came out last year. I love witchy books where there is a curse, so I have a good feeling about this one.
- The Last Thing He Told Me was recommended to me by thebookishyogi. I have seen this book everywhere and it even won the Goodreads Choice Award for thrillers. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be read it, but I am excited that I now have a reason to.
- Soulswift was recommended to me by kat @lifeandotherdisasters. This was already on my TBR, but I don’t remember where I heard about it. Maybe it was from Kat! I love that this book is going to push me out of my comfort zone because I have not read a lot of religion-based fantasies. I am so curious to see what I think.
- The Bone Charmer was recommended to me by Joanna @thegeekishbrunette. This is another book that was already on my Goodreads TBR, and I am pretty sure it was because I knew that Joanna loved it. I love that I have been recommended so many underrated books! There is also a sequel, so hopefully I will love the first book and get to The Bone Thief as well.
- Salt to the Sea was recommended to me by Misty @mistysbookspace. I love her for recommended this to me because it is one of the books that has been on my physical TBR the longest. I have been wanting to read something by Ruta Sepetys for ages and am excited to finally do that. I think this is going to break my heart!
I received more than 12 recommendations, so I put them all on a shelf on Goodreads and will definitely try to read a few of them as well throughout the year! I am going to include the covers here in case you are curious. Thank you to everyone who recommended me something!