I was nominated by the amazing Stephanie @ Stephanie’s Novel Fiction, who has become one of my favourite book bloggers! I can not say enough good things about not only her blog, but also her as a person!
“Liebster” is a German word meaning beloved, dearest, sweetheart, or darling.
For bloggers, the Liebster Award is an online recognition given by other bloggers to new bloggers for enjoying or appreciating their work. It highlights up and coming blogs.
Here are the Rules:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Notify those blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
If you could be any book character, what character would you be? Tell us what book the character is from and why you chose that character.
Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. I have so much respect for her strength and determination. She is a nonconformist and ahead of her time. I would love to experience the world through her eyes. It also would not hurt to end up with Mr. Darcy!
What do you think is the worst book to movie adaption, in your opinion?
I think I have to go with Eat, Pray, Love for this one! I was not a fan of the book, but somehow the movie was even more boring! I love Julia Roberts, but what a yawn that movie was!
Do you have a favorite classic literature author? If so, who is the author and what is your favorite book by that author?
My favourite author is John Steinbeck- he also wrote my favourite book, Cannery Row! I have mentioned this so many times on my blog that I think I just need to write a book review for it that I can just link to whenever this comes up!
On average, how many books do you read in a month?
I am all over the place! It really depends on the month! So far in June I have read 9 books, which is a lot for me! I would say I average anywhere from 5-10 books a month!
Do you only read books because the synopsis sounds appealing or based on good reviews, or are there books you will read no matter what because the author is your favorites?
I will admit that I rarely read the synopsis! I find that they can give too much of the story away! I like to read spoiler free reviews! I have a few auto-buy authors, but not very many.
Do you loan your books to friends and family? Or are they too sacred, and you are afraid you will never get them back or they will get ruined?
I do not know a lot of readers! I would love to loan out books to my friends and family so that we can talk about them, but no one who lives close to me reads!… Now that I think about it I did lend someone Anna Kendrick’s book months ago and they haven’t returned it yet!!
Do you have a favorite reading memory to share with us?
I have a few, but I will share my earliest memory. My dad used to read to me every night before bed. The Berenstain Bear and Little Critters books were my favourites! Some nights my dad would get tired and he would try to skip pages, but I had memorized the books and I would never let him get away with it! He still likes to tell this story, and those children’s books are still some of my most cherished possessions!
What five of your favorite books could you not live without if you were told you could only have just five books on your bookshelf or e-reader for the rest of your life?
Could you imagine? I would be so upset if this actually happened! This is tricky but I would have to say:
- Cannery Row by John Steinbeck (duh!)
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling
- The Seven Husband of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
Would you rather watch a book to TV adaption or book to movie adaption?
I think book to TV! I find that a lot of content is cut out in movie adaptations because there is just not enough time to fit it all in.
Do you prefer a vacation in the mountains or at the beach?
The beach! My family owns a condo near the beach and it is my favourite place in the world.
Physical books or ebooks?
Physical books! I just can not get in to ebooks! I see the benefit of them but they are just not for me.
- What was the first book you remember reading/being read?
- Which character in a book do you think is most like you?
- If you could be best friends with an author, who would you choose and why?
- Who would you cast as the main characters of a movie adaptation of your favourite book?
- Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
- What is the longest you have gone without reading?
- What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
- Which fictional character would be the most boring to meet in real life?
- Do you use social media? If yes, where can we find you? If no, why not?
- If you could live during any time period, which one would you choose?
- What is your favourite app?