It is Valentine’s Day tomorrow so if course I had to do a themed book tag! I found this one on The Heart of a Book Blogger.
1. Link back to this and mention Taiwo @ Stuffed Shelves as the creator of this tag.
2. Link back to the person who tagged you and thank them!
3. Answer the questions (of course!)
4. You can use my graphic if you want but please mention me as the person who made it.
What book(s) have you been given as a gift that you loved?
The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman
Rules of Magic was a gift and I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it. I had enjoyed Alice Hoffman in the past but didn’t think that Practical Magic needed a prequel. I was wrong! The Rules of Magic is my favourite book about witches and it is also the book that made me realize I do enjoy prequels!
What book(s) would you like to give as a gift to someone else?
Quiet by Susan Cain
Even thought Quiet is a book about introverts, I actually think it is a book that everyone can take something from. Even if you are not an introvert, you definitely have an introvert in your life! As I was reading I kept think about all of the people I know who would love Quiet. I want to gift it to all of my friends!
If you could gift a random person any bookish item, what would it be?
Book sleeves! I don’t think you know what you’re missing until you have one. No more bent book corners. A total game changer.
If you could gift a random person any non-bookish item, what would it be?
Hmmmm… I feel like candles are always a safe bet. I love smelling candles and picking the perfect one for a person. I love Bath and Body Works candles, Replica candles, or anything you can find at HomeSense!
What do you say when a person gives you a gift you don’t like?
I thank them of course. It’s the thought that counts. To be honest, I am pretty easy to buy for so I can’t even think of a time where I disliked a gift I have received.
Mention a book based around Valentine’s Day.
You know what is interesting? I can not think of a single book that centers around Valentine’s Day. Any recommendations?
Mention any two tips for blogging as a gift to other bloggers and to those who may want to start a blog.
1. Comment, like, and interact with other bloggers. The best thing about blogging is the community!
2. Take breaks when you need to. Blogging can become overwhelming and you may find yourself in a slump. This is supposed to be fun so don’t force it!