In honour of Fathers Day I decided to show a little appreciation to my own dad! He has never been a big reader, but he has always encouraged my love of reading. Once in a while he will see a book he thinks I will like, or that sounds interesting, and picks it up for me. He also likes to buy mpe beautiful editions of books that he knows I like! I really could not ask for a more supportive dad! (Mom you are amazing too, but I wasn’t blogging yet on Mothers day! SORRY!! )
So, today I wanted to show you some of the books he has bought for me!
- The Chrysalids by John Wyndham– My dad knows that I love dystopian novels and he remembered reading The Chrysalids when he was in school and thought I would enjoy it! I really loved it.
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom– This is another book my dad read and enjoyed. He likes to buy me books that he think will be inspiring. Tuesdays with Morrie became one of my favourite books and I have read every book Mitch Albom has written.
- The Reason I Jump by Naoki Higashida– I wanted to work with kids who have autism, and my dad knew that. He heard that this book is written by a 13 year old boy with autism, and he rushed out to buy it for me.
- Cannery Row by John Steinbeck– As you may know, Cannery Row is my all time favourite book! My dad surprised me with the most beautiful edition! It is my most treasured book on my shelf.
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald– Just like Cannery Row, The Great Gatsby is one of my favourites! My dad (with the help of my mom) bought me a stunning edition for my birthday this year.
- Dewey by Vicki Myron– I am a huge cat lover! This book is about a cat who lives in a library- it is perfect for me! My dad actually read and loved this book, and keeps asking me if I have read the copy he bought me yet, but I haven’t! I must read it this summer!
Isn’t my dad amazing? This is just a small sample of the books that he has picked out!