My birthday was on June 1st and I received so many lovely, and thoughtful gifts! I wanted to share with you all the books and bookish things I was given!
- The Hufflepuff 20th edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone– Ahhh it looks so amazing in person! I think the Hufflepuff edition looks that best and that makes me proud! **I have since unhauled this book and will no longer speak about Harry Potter on this blog**
- Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel (Themis Files #2)– I just finished and reviewed the first book, Sleeping Giants, and absolutely loved it!
- The Girls by Emma Cline– I have been wanting to read this for a while now! There was a time when everyone was talking about it and I want to know what the hype is all about!
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen (Word Cloud Classics Edition)– I do not own and have never read Mansfield Park- which is crazy because I love Jane Austen! Such a gorgeous edition!
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee– This is one of my favourite books and my parents bought me an absolutely gorgeous edition!
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Vintage Classics Edition)– This is another one of my favourites, and shamefully the only edition I had was the movie-tie in cover! This one is gorgeous, especially in person!
My parents gave me the most amazing piece of art. This is a painting of Marilyn Monroe that is done on pages from books published in the early 1900s. Is there a more thoughtful gift than that? They know me so well! The artist is Neil Turner and here is a link to his website! ***There are some nsfw paintings but I love a lot of his stuff and it is pretty affordable!*** I love having original artwork.
I had such a wonderful birthday and I am so grateful to all of you who reached out to wish me a happy birthday! I have only been blogging for a week but I already feel like I am part of the community and that is amazing! Thank you everyone!