It is always such an honour to be nominated for this award, so thank you so much Eliza from Dusk Angels Reads!
- Answer the questions that were left for you
- Nominate your favourite new bloggers (or those with less than 500 followers)
- Write 11 questions for them to answer
- Follow all of the blogs linked (including mine)!
1. What book do you own multiple editions of? Or want to?
I own many editions of Jane Austen’s novels. I really should write a post one of these talking about all the classic editions that I own. They are just so pretty!
Of course I also own many editions of Harry Potter. I think that the illustrated editions are my favourite!
2. What reading habits do you hate?
I really do not hate any reading habits. I mean I don’t dog ear pages, but it doesn’t bother me if other people do! The only think I really do not like is when readers judge other reads for the type of books that they read. If you read purely classics that is truly amazing, but it does not make you more of a reader than someone who solely reads Young Adult.
3. What is your favourite way to read? Audiobook? eBook? Kindle? Hardcover? Paperback?
Definitely paperbacks! I just love how floppy and easy to read they are! Hardbacks look pretty on the shelf, but are more difficult to read. I want to get in to audiobooks but I struggle to pay attention to them. I have a kobo but I rarely use it! I love the convenience of ebooks but they are just not the same.
4. What is your favourite app to buy or borrow books?
My library uses Overdrive and I think it is very convenient. It also you to borrow ebooks and audiobooks from your own home as long as you have a library card. I wish I used the app more often. This is really the only app that I know of so any suggestion you guys have I would love to hear about them!
5. What is a genre that you will never pick up?
Horror! I am such a baby when it comes to anything remotely scary! I can not think of a single horror movie that I have actually sat the whole way through. I would love to get in to Stephen King but I am too scared!
6. What is your least favourite book to movie or TV show adaptation?
Wow what a great question! I really had to think about this one! Will anyone kill me if I say The Hobbit?! I really do love the book, but I was so bored watching the movie! I could not wait for it to end! It was not nearly as good as the Lord of the Rings movies.
7. What is your favourite bookish platform that isn’t blogging?
It is so hard to choose! I love Goodreads, bookstagram, and book twitter all for different reasons. Goodreads is awesome for keeping track of my reading and looking up reviews. Bookstagram is full of gorgeous pictures and I am always inspired by people’s creativity. Book twitter is great for keeping up to date about not only books but on the personal lives of my favourite book bloggers and authors!
8. Who is your favourite most recent blogger you have discovered?
Anatomy of a Book Thief! Her posts are so creative and I truly enjoy reading everything that she has to say. I particularly like her Book Lists and her Bookish Ramblings!
9. Do you do anything else while writing blog posts? Watch YouTube? Listening to music or an audiobook?
I try to fit in writing blog posts whenever I can. Most of the time I have some kind of TV show or Youtube video on in the background. I can not blog in complete silence! For example, as I am typing this I am watching a Flipping Out marathon! I kind of love Jeff Lewis…
10. What type of blog posts do you love writing?
Honestly? Any type of post! Tags, discussion posts, awards, TTT- I love it all! I have recently gotten in to creating book aesthetics so I am hoping to start posting more of those.
11. And which type of blog post do you like writing the least?
I guess I would say reviews. I really do enjoy writing reviews for books that I loved or books I really did not like, but it is the average books that I have a hard time writing about. I just don’t feel inspired or have much to say when I just think that a book is okay!
- What character in a book or movie do you relate to the most?
- If you could bring one character to life, who would you choose?
- Which of your blog posts do wish received a little more attention? (I would love to read it!)
- What books do you want to be made in to a movie/tv show?
- How have your reading habits changed since you started blogging?
- What is the most inspirational book you have read?
- What is the longest you have gone without reading?
- Do you use bookmarks? Which is your favourite?
- What is your favourite guilty pleasure book?
- Do you have an ideal reading spot?
- What is your most anticipated book for 2018?