I was nominated by A Pretty Little Book Blog! It was so great to be nominated by you so thank you so much!
The idea of a Liebster Award is that you nominate a blogger who has less than 3000 followers, but you believe deserves more recognition. The nominated blogger then writes a post answering a series of questions from the person who nominated them, and nominates some of their own favourite bloggers to do the same, giving them some different questions. This creates a chain, leading to more traffic for all the bloggers involved.
1. What is your favourite book?
Cannery Row by John Steinbeck as always! That being said, I think I just read my favourite Young Adult book and that is I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson!
2. Which fictional character would you like to be and why?
I always say I would love to be Elizabeth Bennet just because I admire her independence and determination. I also would love to be married to Mr. Darcy so that would be a bonus!
3. Who’s your favourite author?
I struggle with this question because I really don’t have a favourite author! There are very few authors who I will read anything they write! I guess my favourite would probably be John Steinbeck because he wrote my favourite book. I also love Khalid Hosseini, Mitch Albom, and obviously Jandy Nelson!
4. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I think I would probably go with time travel! I love reading about it and I think it would be so cool to be able to go back in time and experience history in the making!
5. Where was the best place you’ve ever visited?
I was lucky enough to go to Italy and I traveled from Venice to Sicily and I saw so many beautiful cities along the way. Surprisingly my favourite city that I visited was Assisi! I can not even tell you why I connected with it so much! It was just such a calming and charming place.
I also want to mention Boston! If I could live anywhere in the world I would probably choose Boston!
6. Where would your dream holiday destination be?
There are so many places I would love to go! Maybe Ireland? I am part Italian and part Irish so that would be interesting to experience as well.
7. What’s your favourite food?
I have a few favourites! I love sushi, strawberries, and thanksgiving dinner! For my last meal I would probably want turkey with all the fixing- mashed potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin pie, etc.
8. What’s your favourite quote from a book?
Ohh this a hard one! I am going to go with my favourite quote from my favourite book! It is a long one but it always makes me think.
“It has always seemed strange to me…The things we admire in men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty, understanding and feeling, are the concomitants of failure in our system. And those traits we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness, egotism and self-interest, are the traits of success. And while men admire the quality of the first they love the produce of the second.” – John Steinbeck (Cannery Row)
9. Ice-cream or chocolate?
Chocolate! I really have to be in the mood for ice cream.
10. Tell us a really random fact about yourself?
I love swimming! I am a certified lifeguard and it is something I am really proud of and truly enjoyed!
- What is the one fictional character who you most identify with?
- What does your perfect day look like?
- What is a happy memory that you have?
- What is something you are passionate about?
- What blog post are you most proud of?
- Which celebrity would you most like to have dinner with?
- What is the best movie you have seen this year?
- What is your favourite animated movie?
- What cheers you up?
- What do you do if you can’t sleep at night?