I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by Stephanie @ Stephanie’s Novel Fiction! I am so appreciative and honoured that she would think to nominate me! If you have never checked out her blog, you really should!
This award is designed for people who have a ‘real neat blog’!
Those participating should:
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc)
- Ask your nominees 7 questions
These are the questions that Stephanie asked the people she nominated:
- What movie adaption of a book do you like the most, and why? If you follow my blog at all you might already know the answer to this question… Pride and Prejudice (2005). It is such a comforting movie for me, and it is the movie I watch when I am stressed out or upset or bored, etc.
- What is the top thing on your bucket list? I would love to go on an African Safari some time in the future! As for my bookish bucket list, I want to read all the books that Rory Gilmore reads/mentions on Gilmore Girls. Here is a link to a list of all 339 books!
- Who is your favorite author, and why? John Steinbeck. He wrote my all time favourite novel, Cannery Row. I definitely prefer character driven books over plot driven ones, and no one writes a character as well as Steinbeck does!
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? This is going to a shock I am sure, but I would definitely read! I am always complaining that I do not have enough time to read and that would definitely solve my problem!
- What was your first blog post about? Make sure to add the link! My first post was just a few weeks ago, and it was a review of Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon.
- What book have you read the most (that you can think of) or book that makes you the happiest to read? Cannery Row by John Steinbeck! I very rarely reread book, but I read Cannery Row once a year!
- Is there anything you would like to change about your blog? If so, what? I would love to come up with some kind of schedule. I am relatively new to blogging and I am still trying to figure this all out! I feel like I am sort of winging it at the moment but hopefully I can be more organized over time!
- If you could trade lives with one person for an entire day who would it be and why?
- What would you name your boat if you had one?
- What is the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?
- What is your favorite childhood book?
- What is your perfect pizza?
- What question do you hate to answer?
- What cheers you up?
Thank you again Stephanie!
17 thoughts on “Real Neat Blog Award”
Yay! Those are fantastic answers. I love Steinbeck too. His narrative voice is quite unlike any other author. I just started my blog May 8th, and I sar down and made a daily schedule. So far, it’s been working except for my review days while I’ve been on vacation. I am scheduled by heart since I’m a college English professor and live by schedules or I would die, lol. If you can make on that works for you, then I definitely would.
Oh, I tagged you again in case you didn’t get the pingback….I never know if I’m doing those right! I linked it to your last post before this one in the comments. This is a fun tag….a romance tag! Here is the link https://stephsfictionandfamilylove.wordpress.com/2017/06/21/soul-ripping-romance-tag/
I hope you do it because it was fun! And romantic ❤❤😊😃
I think a schedule needs to happen. I’m normally not someone who is that organized but I think I need to be if I want to make this blogging thing as stress free as possible!
Thank you for tagging me! I am so excited to do it! I can think of so many couples I want to talk about!
A schedule has helped me because I was trying to write a book review every day and that’s just not realistic for someone like me who has 3 kids at home in the summer and actually needs and wants to devote quality time to them between now and August when we all go back to school! Then it’s a madhouse. And then I’m working full-time, teaching on campus classes and online classes this semester. And attending school myself fulltime finishing my doctorate. Writing reviews every day then will be impossible since I will likely only be reading l or 2 books a week. So,I’m trying now to set my schedule for 2 reviews a week,3 if I am having a super week, that way it won’t be much different to my blog format come fall. Organization is something I can’t live without trying to balance family, work,online classes, and now blogging😊 Stress free is the way to go!!
You’re so welcome for tagging you. I never know if someone is going to be annoyed or not, lol!
Your schedule is definitely full! I can see why a schedule is necessary. I would like to start posting reviews more consistently!
I love being tagged. Never annoying for me!
Yeah, I learned the heard way that I needed a schedule! It was fine the first couple of weeks when the kids were still in school, but I still felt like I was getting overwhelmed trying to do a book review a day, and I really didn’t want my blog just to be about reviews all the time. That I am still trying to figure out. I’ve got so much more to say than just to talk about book reviews, lol. I really did start it with the intent of it not totally being all about book reviews then I got stuck not knowing what else to say. But, I’m tweaking it as I go along. It’s only 6 weeks old, so it’s a baby 🙂 It will grow and change.
But I think you are right that consistency is important. I think people like to know sort of what to expect on what days.
Glad you don’t mind being tagged since I’m going to tag you in an award as soon as I’m done writing it up sometime today, lol! 🙂
Thank you! 😊
339 books about Rory/Gilmore Girls? Wow, I didn’t know this was such a hype. I should really look into John Steinbeck now.. Great answers, love getting to know you better like this!
Thanks Inge! It is fun to write and read posts like this! Steinbeck is great! His books are short and easy to get through but so well written!
Congrats! I would totally read more if I didn’t have to sleep…I feel like I never have time with working out and work and socializing and keeping up with this blog.
That’s how I feel! I would love it if I had more time for reading!
I had no idea there was a list of books Rory’s read. I’m, ahem, not her biggest fan but that’s so cool? Great answers!
Thanks Soph! 😊
A schedule is the best! It gives your purpose even when you have little motivation… love the questions and your answers! A very Neat Award 🥇 😉❤️
That is so true! Thanks Dani!!
Thanks for the nomination! 😊