Today is my birthday! Yay! My friends and family usually buy me books or gift cards to buy books so I know a lot of new novels will be coming in to my life today! I was looking at my TBR shelf this week and realized that I really need to start reading some of the books that have been there for quite some time. So, my plan this summer is to really tackle my TBR! Here is a list of what I hope to read this summer. I will probably read more than this but these are ones that I will prioritize. At the end of the summer I will update you on how I did!
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff- I been on a Science Fiction kick lately so I really want to read this! I have heard great things about it. I also own the second book, Gemina, which I hope to read this summer as well!
- The Golden Son by Shilpi Somaya Gowda– I absolutely loved The Secret Daughter when I read it years ago, so I know I will love The Golden Son. I have no idea why I haven’t picked this one up yet! I even have a signed copy!
- The Girls by Emma Cline– I have an admission to make- I do not own this one but know I will be receiving it as a birthday present! It has been on my goodreads TBR since it came out though! I have seen a lot of mixed reviews but the premise seems so interesting to me.
- The Handmaid ‘s Tale by Margaret Atwood– I have own this books for years but now that it is a TV show I want to read it even more!
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman– This is also a TV show now! How have I not read this yet! I know I am going to love it so I will be reading it asap!
- At The Water’s Edge by Sara Gruen– I loved Water for Elephant, but then I read Ape House and really was disappointed. I think that turned me off from reading more of her books but this one does look really good. I mean its set during WWII and is about the Loch Ness monster so how could I not love it!
- The Children’s Crusade by Ann Packer– This was totally a cover buy but it does sounds interesting! I enjoy books that are about family dynamics so I think I will like this one.
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery– I am Canadian and I have never read this. That is just sinful! I also have three editions… there really is so excuses as to why I haven’t pick it up yet!
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck– Steinbeck is my favourite author and I have yet to read one of his most raved about books! I think I am just intimidated by it size but I am going to tackle it this summer!
Do you have a summer TBR? What is the one book you really want to read this summer?